1. The club is named Ballinrobe River Surf Association.
2. The club will meet on 1st Wednesday of the month between the hours of 8-9 .
3. The aim of the club is to create long term surfing in Ballinrobe that is of excellent quality, improves/protects the environment and makes life in Ballinrobe better.
4. The BRSA has a number of primary objectives including to:
Build, protect, operate and maintain surfing waves and associated facilities
Protect and/or improve the environment near surfing areas
Develop Ballinrobe surf tourism through creation of good surf waves
Improve and develop surfing safety standards and practices
Improve the experience of surfing
Develop casual and competitive surfing athletes
Promote the sport of surfing
Hold surfing competitions and events
Build public awareness and support for surfing
Raise funds to achieve these objectives
While achieving these objectives, we foster a strong community in Ballinrobe with positive & constructive values in the water and out.
5. Membership is open to anyone who wishes to participate.
6. Club membership may be restricted
7. If the membership limit is reached, a waiting list shall be drawn up and offers of membership made in order as vacancies arise.
8. The clubs affairs will be governed by a committee consisting of a Chairperson, Treasurer, Secretary et al.
9. An Annual General Meeting (AGM) shall be held each year in the month of August
10. The agenda shall consist of the following items:
• Minutes of last AGM
• Matters Arising
• Report on past season by Chairperson
• Report on Accounts
• Proposed programme for next season
• Subscription fee for next season
• Election of officers for next season
• Any other business
11. All members shall be advised of the date, time and location of this meeting at least two weeks in advance. For a motion to be passed, there must be a majority of ...... in the vote.
12. Extraordinary General Meetings (EGM) may be called by the Committee and must be called within 14 days if a written request signed by one quarter of the club membership is received.
13. The treasurer shall keep correct and up to date accounts showing transactions and financial affairs of the club. A statement of accounts for the financial year shall be presented at the AGM.
14. Cheques that are made out on behalf of the club must be signed by two authorised signatories.
15 The Secretary shall be responsible for all club matters of a general administrative nature including notification of meetings and will be responsible for the keeping of continuous records that are to be passed on in the event of a change in the post.
16. Alterations to the committee can be made at the AGM and any EGM’s provided the proposals are notified in advance.
17. Alterations to the constitution require two thirds of club members be present and voting to be in favour.
18. The annual subscription shall be discussed and fixed at each AGM.
19. The committee shall have the power to make rules governing the conduct of the club. Such rules shall be binding on membership all members must be made aware of any changes. Any matter in relation to discipline or the breaking of the club rules will be dealt with by the club committee and any action as a result must be decided by a majority of …..
20. All complaints will be investigated and dealt with by the committee of the club.
21. Anyone representing the club in competition must be a member of the club or else invited as a guest if the club cannot field a squad for a particular event.
22. The club and all its members will follow the rules of Canoeing Ireland.
23. The club is agreed to all the principles set out in the "Code of Conduct"